How to set up email address in my store domain
In this article you will learn:
- How to create your store’s email account.
- How to configure domain to receive messages
- How to configure programs such as Outlook/Thunderbird and Mail in OS X.
Creating email accounts.
To create email account in your Store, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the message write addresses which you want to create.
We can create up to 3 email accounts with 1GB capacity (does not apply to Starter plan).
You can log into your email account at: https://www.shoplomail.com/mail/
In order to receive messages correctly by our servers, it is essential to add or modify (if it exists)
MX record in your domain provider:
- Type of record: MX
- Priority: 10
- Target host: shoplomail.com (Attention: In some domain providers’ pannels, at the end of name of the host, it is required to place dot )
Additionally we recommend adding SPF (Sender Policy Framework) to your domain. SPF record is a type of DNS records, which identifies mail servers authorised to send email messages for certain domain. To create it, following record should be added:
- Type of record: TXT
- Target host: v=spf1 a mx ptr include:spf.shoplo.com ~all
*If you do not know, how to configure two records mentioned above, we recommend contacting with domain provider’s customer care to acquire details.
Email software configuration
You can receive your emails with stock email software such as Outlook or Thunderbird.
Below you can find basic parameters of our servers:
Type of servers
Incoming mail server (POP3)
shoplomail.com port 110 lub 995 for SSL
Incoming mail server (IMAP)
shoplomail.com port 143 lub 993 for SSL
Outgoing mail server (SMTP)
shoplomail.com port 587 z i without TLS
Email software configuration for OS X
1.Run Mail app
- From top menu choose Mail, and nextly “Add account”
- Choose “Other email account” and click next.
4. In new window you will asked to fill up information such as email address and password.
Fill it up according to your Shoplo email account information. When you are ready, choose Log in option.
5. In the next step, you will be asked to fill up additional information. Fill it up according to given example:
And then choose Log in.
You are ready to go!
Below you will find screenshots presenting configuration in Outlook and Thunderbird.