How to get PayPal username, password and API signature?
Important: Access to PayPal with programmer interface is only available with a Premier or Business account.
Creating an API signature
To create an API signature, perform the following steps:
- Log in to your PayPal business account at www.paypal.com. Click the profile icon on the top right side of the page. From the Business Profile menu, select Profile and Settings.
Note: If you do not see the profile icon on the top right, select Profile which appears in the top menu when the My Account tab is selected.
- From the left menu, click My selling tools.
- In the Selling online section, click the Update link for the API access item.
- To generate the API signature, click Request API Credentials on the API Access page.
Note: If you've already generated an API signature, a View API Signature link is displayed on the API Access page. If you need to generate a new API signature, you first need to delete the existing API signature. If the existing API signature is not being used by your live application, click the View API Signature link, and then click the Remove button to delete the existing signature.
- Select Request API signature and click Agree and Submit to generate the API signature.
- The picture below shows this page with an example API signature credential.